Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Diaries of a Single Gal

Okay... so I went speed dating tonight. Yep. I did. Katie made me do it, because she didn't want to go alone.

It was, well... interesting. All of the guys were really polite and nice guys (and mostly IT guys, engineers, and mathematicians), but I don't think I found any lasting relationships among them. As expected, the fact that I play video games was a complete hit, but the one guy I felt the most connected with sort of looks like my friend, Brian, which seems kind of creepy.

So at least I have yet another awkward experience under my belt, right? It was most certainly interesting... and it's always fun to hang out with Katie, anyway. Oh, the life of a single gal in Charm City...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most IT guys that have a passion for their work don't get out too much. Engineers too. Makes sense that they'd try the speed dating. It guarantees you get to meet a lot of new people in a short period of time. Where did it take place? How many people did you meet?

August 01, 2007 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot help but chuckle at the speed dating. It just seems too funny to me, but I tend to eschew all of those things. They just are not my style.

At least you wowed them with your mad gaming skillz.

August 01, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

WOW! Thought about that once, but it always seemed a little too scary. Mere kind of wanted to try it too.

August 01, 2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Speed dating sounds fun. You could goof off and play a different role for each "date." Try to convince one that you're a high power DC lobbyist, convince another that your a British ex-punk rocker, convince one that you're Dr Phil's niece and the heir to his empire... how does one resist the urge to goof off? It could be so fun. But then again you might actually want to see one of 'em again...

August 01, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

TSG: It was actually in Little Italy, so it was very romantic, er... scenic.

JJT: Totally not my style either. But I tend to appear unapproachable, so I figured it would be good practice in being friendly.

Jodi: WELCOME BACK! Tell Mere to come her and go with me next time.

Jon: I considered this, actually. Unfortunately it seemed extremely disingenuous, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings. It just didn't seem right.

Update: I logged into the website after work today and ten of the eleven guys I met want to meet me. How awful am I that I'm probably going to ignore them all? Oy vey.

August 01, 2007 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home