Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekends Are Too Short

Well, I've spent countless hours and over $85 on supplies, but I've managed to create 24 greeting cards this weekend. To those of you who don't craft, that may not seem like a big number, but trust me, it is. (Side note: Is there a way to buy mono adhesive in bulk? I've gone through 6 in two days...)

[Sample card made today shown above.]

I bought an album, too - but what I'll do with it I have no idea. Marie - what exactly is a circle journal? Can my album be a group thing? I can easily manage a blog that is all about me, but an album all about me seems a bit narcissistic. What do people scrapbook about when they don't have kids or travel?

Although the purpose of this weekend was to have some quality 'me' time, I fear that I've relaxed too much. I have to go back to work tomorrow, after all, and I'm more in the mood to watch movies and eat popcorn than work. That's the life of a grown up, I suppose. The goal is to more properly balance work and 'me' time - perhaps better than I've done in the last few months. I've allowed myself to get too absorbed in work, and as rewarding as it is for me, I need a better sense of balance.

So, I'm off to clean up my mess and get myself ready for tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I can lay on the couch and enjoy TV before bed if I work quickly and efficiently. I'll try to have some fun and exciting 'single girl' stories for you all later in the week. ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charissa... SO proud of you! the cards are just beautiful! Linds and i have a circle journal that we've been doing since she moved to NYC. It's a fun thing to do (although she's had it now for about 4 months... and I had it for about 8 months before that!). Have a blast scrapbooking... and you should TOTALLY make it about you! Afterall, people have photo albums of themselves even if they don't have kids!

July 29, 2007 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cards, Rissa

They are your art - art


is good

July 29, 2007 11:48 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I am in a CJ group with eight other ladies around the world. We all pick a theme and scrap to that theme. We all get one month to finish it. And it is possible to do one with just one other person ;)

And there is NOTHING wrong with scrapping about you. NOTHING. I do it all the time and I DO have a child.

There is a mono-adhesive that is more cost effective...need to check on the name of it. I thought about getting it too because I go through WAY too much too. I will check and let you know.

Yea for crafting!!

July 30, 2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

You could scrapbook about the year you turned 30... pictures of friends and you and celebrating and anything else you do this year- it will be fun to look back on when you are 60! hahaha.

oh, and I loved your comment on my post about wanting to sell my kid.

July 30, 2007 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home