Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday in Review

Our vet appointment went well today. Antonio lost weight (yay!) and weighs a trim 10 lbs 12 oz. He was on his way to 12 lbs about six months ago so we were very happy to hear it. Everything is well with him, with the ever-so-slight- exception of his teeth, which, at eight years of age, look great compared to most dachshunds. I just brushed his teeth for the first time ever, and honestly, he didn't seem to mind at all.

Cipriana (Ana) also did very well. The vet can't say for sure if she has had kittens or if she has just been through a few heat cycles in her life, but at four years old unspayed, our bet is kittens. Today Ana weighs 9 lbs 3 oz which is up from 7 lbs 8 oz when I adopted her. This is excellent! But now she's at her ideal weight, so I was given a scoop to make sure I don't overfeed her. Overall, Ana is in excellent health, too, which makes me ecstatic and relieved.

(And, of course, all of this made me miss my Elliott.)

After the vet I worked eight hours from noon until not too long ago... so now I am tired again. At this point, I think maybe I have an ear thingy and not a sinus infection because although I don't have pain, I think the clogginess is in my ears. I'm wondering if the ringing that I heard for a day or two after the NKOTB concert started this - think: concert, ear ringing, headaches and nausea - the symptoms all start to make sense. Now the questions are: Do I just need healing time? Or do I have a problem? I don't know.

All of this speculation, of course, means that I am now going to have a lame weekend. I intend to be lazy, stay in, and - with exception to seeing Delilah and Rilee tomorrow - do nothing. I need to kick this ear thing and hydrate and rest.

Oh... and I need to watch On the Waterfront and The Grapes of Wrath. Jealous yet?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

I love me some Henry Fonda!! Oh, and ESM had the same ear issues and the pain started to get worse so she ended up going to a walk in... she had an ear infection. I hope it doesn't get worse for you. Have a good weekend!

March 28, 2009 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home