Sunday, March 08, 2009

LOVE

Nicole and I are in love - and not with each other. We spent an unimaginable amount of time at BARCS this weekend, and after all of the stress, sadness and time, we both have new family members. It's just THRILLING. I wasn't at all prepared to get a cat this weekend, but Cipriana (Sip-ree-ann-ah) is one of the most gorgeous cat's I've ever seen, and she won my heart. She's 4 years old and was surrendered by her owner for financial reasons. I have no idea why you'd surrender this cat, so time will tell if she has any bad habits. :)

One cool thing about Ana is that she's actually a rare Siamese breed called Snowshoe. It's rare because the traits that "make" the breed arerecessive traits making them difficult to breed. So although at first I thought she was a Siamese mix, I now have a full bred Siamese cat on my hands - that's sure to help my insomnia, right?

Anyway, she's getting spayed on Tuesday so I pick her up Tuesday night. I am overwhelmingly distracted by my excitement, and I think after she settles in and gets comfortable, she should be a great companion for Antonio - and possibly even a playmate.

Here are a few photos:



On the flip side, Nicole found a dog she liked on Saturday, only to find that the new dog and Delilah didn't have the chemistry we all hoped for. Delilah was almost intimidated, and as much as we loved this dog, it wasn't going to be a good fit. While I started paperwork on Ana - Nicole, Gina and I walked through the shelter again and met Jackie (new name TBD), a dog that just arrived at the shelter on Friday. She was so timid at first, but after some playtime outside she started coming out of her shell so we felt comfortable introducing her to Delilah. Result? Success. Nicole decided to move forward with the adoption, and as long as no previous owner comes looking for her tomorrow (she was found as a stray), she'll be spayed and start a new life with Nicole and lil' d later this week.

I'm exhausted and excited. I can't wait to bring them home!

Photos of the new pup:

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your new "kids" Ana is so perfectly marked, I love her face and the fur on her back...so cool...I love the photo of you kissing her. She seems like a doll.. :) Also, congrats to your friend, the dog is gorgeous too..very cool weekend for you...enjoy the new additions to your families. ~annie

March 09, 2009 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the newest additions! Can't wait to meet both of them.

March 09, 2009 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a volunteer for the Maryland SPCA, I just want to say, "WE HAVE KITTIES TOO!"

Having said that, BARCS is also a wonderful organization.

There are so many homeless cats and dogs out there, it's always heart warming to see them find good homes with good people.

Oh, and don't forget the SPCA's "MARCH FOR THE ANIMALS," (on April 19th). Hope to see you all there.

Thank you. (This has been a public service announcement.)

March 09, 2009 12:02 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Congrats on the new family member. She is a beautiful girl.

March 09, 2009 12:47 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

So beautiful. I got your message. Sorry I haven't called back. I am sooo sick. I'll call tomorrow. Can't wait to meet your new baby!

March 09, 2009 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I read the first line and thought... are we in love, Charissa? Glad you were talking about our new girls. Thanks for giving Jackie NKA Rilee a shout out.

March 12, 2009 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home