Friday, October 08, 2010

I wonder...

I really wonder what dogs think about elevators. I was reminiscing this morning about bringing my dog to work once on the weekend to pick up a few things, and I watched him as we entered the elevator, the door closed, and then we exited the elevator on a completely different floor. Dogs are relatively spacial, right? When a ball rolls under a couch or a piece of furniture, they know to check to see if it came out the other side. So what does he think about door opening and closing and the entire world changing on the other side?

I must say that I expected him to be frustrated or confused, but he didn't seem to care or notice - he just seemed to accept that everything was okay. And at the end of the day, maybe I'm a little disappointed at that. Not that I would ever want him to be worried or upset, but some reaction or contemplation would be cool.

Oh well. I suppose dogs don't think about elevators at all... but clearly people do. At least this one. Or maybe I'm just thinking about dogs...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home