Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Jennifer Boycott

I'm boycotting Jennifer Aniston. I'm so sorry, Jennifer. I like you, I really do. When Brad went flaky and left you, I was with you all the way, 100%, unequivocally. I think you're adorable, talented, clever and smart... and my guess is that you're a pretty great person... but I can't do this anymore. I just can't watch another Jennifer-Aniston-looking-cute kind of movie.

I feel the need to provide a parallel. I'm not a Jim Carrey fan. Not at all. I liked The Mask when it came out (can you believe that was 1994?), but nearly every movie that Jim Carrey does results in the same character from him. He never made me laugh, he made me cringe. Every role, every character was predicatable. I was done. But then there was an exception: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was awesome. For the first time, I thought, "Wow. Jim Carrey can really act and not be totally irritating." I love that movie, and although I am still highly irritated by Jim Carrey on occasion, he earned a whole new respect from me when that movie was released.

So this is what I'm looking for from Jennifer. I like her. I've liked her movies for years. But we've reached a point where I just want more. I'm tired of her playing the attractive but slightly damaged, slightly awkward middle-class income kind of girl who isn't looking for love but finds it anyway. Enough. I want her to do something more challenging... and honestly, until she does, I'm on a Jennifer Aniston boycott.

C'mon Jennifer! You can do it! Go call your agent and tell him that you want more. Tell him that you want to do something unexpected! Because until you do, I'm out, sister, and the boycott is officially on.

Starting now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma Louise said...

yesssss...couldnt agree more! I love her, she seems so sweet, but ugh...sweet gets boring

June 21, 2010 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home