Wednesday, June 09, 2010

What To Say About Glee?

Lest I earn too much respect by writing only thought-provoking posts about interesting topics such as toothpaste and toilet paper, I'd like to say that Glee's season finale hurt my heart. It did.

Overall music and performances - fantastic. The editing of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Quinn's labor - brilliant! The performance of "To Sir With Love" - just beautiful!!

All that being said, the episode didn't sit well with me. It just didn't. I mean seriously, they came in last? What was the point of that? Did I root for them all season just so I could be told that they're a rag-tag group of misfits? Well, now you're insulting my obvious good taste - and that just makes me mad!

But beyond the group losing at Regionals, there were other problems that can only be described as sloppy writing. Why was Olivia Newton-John such a b**** when she clearly liked Sue a few episodes back? Uncharacteristic. Quinn's mom is suddenly back in the picture? "My water broke." How convenient. Oh, and Shelby adopts baby Beth? C'mon! Everyone knows that white babies are in crazy demand in the US, and a random single nearly 40 year old teacher is lucky enough to adopt her on the spot?? PLEASE.

Like I said... my heart hurts. I'm so disappointed.

Overall, my favorite review came from the LA Times. Thank you Gerrick D. Kennedy. You and I are on the same page, my fellow Glee fan. Same. Page.

Apparently, though, I am in the minority... at least according to a People poll. When I took the poll Wednesday night, 81% of the pollsters claimed to be satisfied with the season finale. Really? What show were you watching? And now we all have to wait until September...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

I really like Project RunGay's reviews of just about everything, but especially all of their Glee reviews. They pick, but they enjoy too. Go back and read the old ones too-they always review the best lines too. I think www.projectrungay.blogspot.com

June 10, 2010 8:53 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I, too, was disappointed in the finale. I completely agree about Olivia, in fact, I was surprised she would allow the writers to write her that way, considering she's technically not playing a "character."

June 14, 2010 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home