Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm completely LOST.

I don't even know what to say, except 'Good Job LOST writers.' Somehow they were able to answer some much needed questions (such as 'why did the plane crash?') while still building the story up enough to leave me totally hanging. And hanging for about four months. So do we assume that the crash was accidental? Some crazy experiment? Does that mean they weren't chosen? If it was completely random, why is Locke walking?

I can't stop thinking about the last 5 minutes. Who are those snow people? How is Penny involved? Is Desmond really dead? Or... more importantly... WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT PENNY AND DESMOND WHEN NEITHER OF THEM HAVE BEEN AROUND THE WHOLE SEASON? That's some good writing to make me think about two people who (almost) only show up in the last episode. Good writing, I say.

Man, oh, man.

I was thinking this week about the first season and how the second season has been so different. For instance, was the scary invisible monster ever explained? Or the wild boars and the polar bear? Maybe we are supposed to assume that those things went away because Walt was taken by the Others, but if he's that special, why did they let him go? Or did they? I don't know.

What I do know is that I am totally LOST as to what is going on. I am sure the next few months will be spent pondering possible scenarios and debating theories with many of you. But I am mucho impressed.

Grey's Anatomy. I love the show, but the finale didn't leave me hanging. She has to choose Finn, because that creates the best story line. Leave McDreamy to suffer. Now that's some good tv.

Desperate Housewives. Damn, I hope Mike isn't dead; but am I going to spend my summer worrying about it? Nope. Sure, I like the character a lot, but it's not like they are killing off Terry Hatcher or anything.

So it's back to LOST. I find myself wondering what the 'look' was that Jack and Kate gave each other right at the end. But I'm not going to know any time soon. Damn shame. It's going to be a long, long summer.

OH... in case you didn't watch, my boy, Taylor Hicks, won this year's American Idol. I knew it. I called it. I was right, right, right. But hey, I don't want to gloat about it. That's just not like me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

"WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!" Would be my comment at the end of LOST last night. Too many unanswered questions still. So have you been to any of the websites? Have you noticed them??

May 25, 2006 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Charissa-
thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting :)
I use the ZoomBroswer software that came with my camera to export my pictures to a disk.
Can I get a SOUL PATROL?!! I love that Taylor won American Idol.

May 25, 2006 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember me?

Your lost?!? :)

Try coming in the middle when you haven't seen the begining. So many people said it was good, I tried a couple times watching it - and felt I was reading a novel with half the pages missing lol.

There should be a book called "LOST! for Dummies" !!

May 25, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Dad, I actually looked for a 'LOST for Dummies' book (I figured it HAD to exist), but to no avail. I'll see if I can find a good summary site. Or you can always rent the first season, it's on DVD!

May 25, 2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home