Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Antonio-Lovers

Okay all... so Antonio. He's fine. "Fine" in that his blood work is fine, x-ray is fine, ultrasound is fine, urinalysis is fine and urine culture is fine... except that there's blood in his urine. Right. No infection... but blood. Weird. Very weird.

We've run a bunch of tests as you can see, so now we're going to try some antibiotics just for the hell of it. If that doesn't fix it, then we'll move forward with a procedure requiring anesthesia. I've been reading... and there are a few diagnoses that aren't infections: abnormal cell growth (tumor or polyps), diverticulum of the bladder, bleeding disorders, urethral prolapse, or some sort of non-infectious inflammation of the bladder or something. I have no idea.

So there's our update. If you have any wisdom to impart or doggie knowledge to share, please do so. Antonio is acting normally except for his occasional neediness and (ahem) few accidents, so we're just taking it one step at a time until we figure it out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

Stop reading sh*t online

April 14, 2009 9:27 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

It's not shit. My vet said all of the same things... I just couldn't remember them all to post about them. This is actually where we are.

April 14, 2009 9:33 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

OK! But don't dive any further into the information superhighway. I know how you are. I'm the same way. I over research then FREAK OUT! I am sending Antonio positive love. He's so darn sweet!

April 14, 2009 9:39 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Did they test him for kidney or bladder stones? One of our dogs had bladder stones (I didn't know they existed before that). I hope he feels better soon.

April 15, 2009 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home