Monday, April 06, 2009

The Six Month Project

I am having a hard time with something emotionally, and I need to get past it. It's one of those things that you think you're past until you turn a corner one day and are reminded of moments, minutes, seconds... and it all comes crashing down. This situation is oh so clearly out of my control that I'm doomed unless I get some distraction. And, dear friends, I want your help.

Similar to The 30 Project that I never finished listing, I want to create a list of thirty two things (yay, my birthday) that I'll do in the next six months. I'll need help, because thirty two is A LOT... but other than things that may potentially cause me harm (no skydiving), I want your ideas on things that may test my boundaries a bit.

So far I have a very short list. What can you contribute?

1. Finish watching the Top 100 movies. 55 down, 45 to go.
2. Charity: April 17th Formal Wear Happy Hour
3. Charity: April 19th March for the Animals
4. Learn how to drive stick shift. Who's willing to risk their clutch?
5. Lose the weight. I need walkers. Preferably those who can meet me somewhere, get a drink, and walk home on some Saturday or Sunday.
6. Half my debt. This means that 'shopping' cannot be on this list.
7. Charity: May 3rd Tree Planting/ Trash Pick Up (just signed up today)
8. Charity: April 11th Post 'Don't Litter' Warnings On Storm Drains (just signed up today)
9. Go somewhere. First I was thinking Prince Edward Island, but I just checked flights and they start at $700. So that's out... thinking, thinking...
10. Meet Joey Mac. Cassie, I'm leaving this one up to you.

Crap - who picked 32?

9 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

#1. See NKOTB 3 times in 12 months!!!!!

April 06, 2009 7:58 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Charissa, Joey Mac is yours, you know it, he knows it!

April 06, 2009 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Ann said...

Plant some flowers in a little window box or pots that you can keep on your patio and enjoy all summer.

Don't buy plants that are already potted -- half the fun is getting your hands dirty!

April 06, 2009 8:59 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

If you want to go somewhere you can come to Boston on May 12. We will be there to see a Marine return from Iraq. If you have not witnessed this before I highly recommend it. I saw a service man return while I was picking up my parents. It was amazing and I cannot wait to experience it with my own family. I guess that could be 2 things.

You could also try to read a piece of classic literature.

April 06, 2009 9:28 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm almost positive that there are cruises to P.E.I. from NYC. Not sure of the cost, but maybe we could do it together?!

Go on a road trip to a place you've never been. By yourself.

Take lessons in a foreign language and then go to a country where they speak that language.

Join Habitat for Humanity and take a trip to New Orleans to build a house.

Dance down the middle of your street at night- I've been known to do this here, if the lights are right there isn't any traffic!

At night when Grand Central Station is empty, grab a few friends and lay down on the floor to look at the ceiling! (did this last week and it was super cool!)

Call a real estate agent in NYC and tell them you'd like to look at all the luxury apartments available around Central Park. (I've kinda always wanted to do this one, but it would be way more fun with a friend!)

Oh, and in case you didn't guess- come to NYC for a visit and we'll do a ton of crazy things!

April 06, 2009 9:50 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

I can help you to learn how to drive stick.

April 07, 2009 9:05 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Missy - Does he actually fly in on the 12th? a) would be great to see you, and b) that would be an incredible experience. Please send details.

April 07, 2009 9:24 PM  
Anonymous jill said...

this isn't as exciting as a cool trip or meeting joey mac, but i want to find a good yoga class. maybe there's a convenient spot between the 2 of us? i'll see what i can find.

April 09, 2009 8:16 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Go to a museum, try a new wine bar, learn/ play a sport (an easy one- like frisbee), take a day trip to the ocean and watch the waves, hug 32 people!

I can come up with more... just give me some time to think ;)

April 14, 2009 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home