Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Welcoming a New Chapter

Yes, it's true... I've turned the last page, and I'm onto a new chapter in life: the chapter where there are no more books about dear, dear Kingsbridge. Oh, how I LOVED Pillars of the Earth! An amazing book! To even think that World Without End would compete was ridiculous... but it did. Boy, it did! It took Ken Follett 18 years to write World after Pillars, and I have an ache in my heart thinking that there won't be a third.

I'll miss Kingsbridge... dear, dear Kingsbridge. Those books have been gifts to my soul. Thanks, CA, for recommending them in the first place.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

I'm always happy to share that book with anyone... simply amazing, and I'm glad you love them as much as I do.

May 21, 2009 3:06 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I loved Pillars of the Earth and have been debating the new one for some time. I guess I'll have to give it a try -- thank goodness for the 40% off coupon this weekend!

May 21, 2009 8:00 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Oh my my my, I will have to dive right on in!

May 21, 2009 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home