Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh Beloved Printer

A certain person at work, who shall herein be known as JJ, would like to take my printer.

Now, I'd like to start off by saying that I realize how lucky I am to have a local printer in the first place. I share all of the network printers in our department as well as have my own personal printer. On top of that, I'm smart, so I can map to any printer that I want anyway. But that's not the point, is it? I received my printer back when I worked on the executive side of the building, and rather than print to their printer, which is dangerous if I'm printing anything questionable, I asked for my own and my wish was granted.

Since that time I have been promoted, and I moved from my cubicle on the executive side of the building to an actual office on the other side. I am very happy to have my real office with a real door and real walls, even if my carpet dates to 1955 and most likely hasn't been washed since then.

So anyway, back to the printer situation.

My current side of the building boasts a shared printer, and I use it! It is a beautiful black and white copier/printer that does amazing things like sort, staple and print front to back. I use it often, and I use it well. But I am in Marketing folks, and we use COLOR. We have one shared printer in my area that prints color, and it prints on paper more expensive than many of my meals (it belongs to our art department). Using this printer when I need everyday color copies does not seem economical to me, so at those times I resort to my local printer, which also does color.

So here lies the problem. I am refusing to give up my printer unless a color printer/copier is brought in. End of story. This JJ guy likes to threaten me (not in a scary stalker kind of way or anything... at least not yet), but I need to find a workaround.

So here it is.

My printer incognito.

My printer in hiding.

My printer disguised.

My printer under cover.


Bring it on, JJ. A few well placed folders and you'd never even know. God, I'm clever.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost TOO cute!

June 27, 2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Nice!

You shoulda gone to work for the CIA.

June 27, 2006 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cry out for your freedom of the press!

"Just take a look around the world
and you’ll find that nearly all mass media
are owned and controlled by a handful of conservative capitalists.
We must devise and implement alternative methods of distributing our news,
our information, our ideas -- people united worldwide to take a stand,
to tell the truth!"

June 28, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Richie... you sound like a hippie. Or maybe a libertarian. Whichever.

June 28, 2006 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I was going for revolutionary.

June 28, 2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

bwahahaha...i swear i really didn't see it at first!!!

June 28, 2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! I wish I hadn't told him about your blog now......

June 28, 2006 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's right, C! damn the man!

June 29, 2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the funniest thing I have seen all day! Our boss has his own printer on his desk- but he never uses it! Instead he hogs up our shared network printer with all his reports...maybe if I replaced his with a stack of files he would never know it was gone...

June 29, 2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

That is freakin' hilarious. I am still giggling about that one.

June 29, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Karizma said...

I love it!! Can you come disguise my office equipment??

June 29, 2006 11:17 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I'm seeing a second career opportunity presenting itself...

June 30, 2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home