Monday, June 26, 2006

Fifteen Things I Like About Living Alone

Okay, so I realize there are about a bazillion things to like about living with someone (i.e. a husband who will take out the trash, fix my car, etc.), but over the past week I've been creating a list in my head of things that I like about living by myself. I think they're reasonable...

Eating out of any food container with a spoon (or my hands)
Eating only three corn cobs for dinner
Rarely having to make the bed
Antonio sleeps beside me
Elliott is allowed to sleep on my head
Adjusting the heat/AC every five minutes as I like
I use half the bed for laundry & I have plenty of room to sleep
Staying in PJs as long as I want
My shoe pile grows throughout the week
I choose whether the window is open or closed
I decorate however I want & leave the paint supplies out for weeks
Leaving all of the lights on at night if a movie freaks me out
No one drinks my beer or wine
I am as loud or as noisy as I want to be
Total control of the remote

So other single-people-of-the-world, what else did I miss?

6 Comments:

Blogger b-reez said...

You get to leave the door wide open while using the bathroom:)

June 26, 2006 9:50 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS. good one. :)

June 26, 2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I would agree that eating whatever you want for dinner is a good one. That is our nightly conversation around here.

June 26, 2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

b-reez got what I woulda said. Not having to pester a roomate for his half of the rent and utilities is why I decided to get my own place. Well, that, and he WOULD drink all my beer, and eat all my food. "What, you didn't buy that for me?" Uh ... no.

June 26, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

How about, "rearranging furniture at three am"?

June 27, 2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm married now, but one of things I always loved about living on my own was being able to fall asleep anywhere I wanted - on the couch, in front of the TV, on the floor...anywhere!

And even when your married you keep the door wide open :-)

June 29, 2006 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home