Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Strip-ed Wall

I'm done, and I'm so happy. About three weeks ago I decided to paint a specific wall in my living room as an accent wall. I've lived here almost a year and a half, and could never find anything I liked to hang on this stupid wall. I asked my landlord (who loves me) for permission, and of course he had no problem with it at all. He even lent me a ladder, roller handles, tape, a paint tray, tray liners and a drop cloth.

It is relatively difficult to take pictures of the wall because this room is so small. There's no great place to stand to get a photo of the whole thing, so I had to get creative. Now after painting and a week's worth of touch ups with small brushes, I present.... My Strip-ed Wall.

From my bedroom door looking into the living room towards the kitchen in the back








Elliott admiring his mom's handiwork, now that he's allowed to get near it (I'm lucky not to have a blue and brown cat)

A view from the floor looking up towards the skylight


From floor level, looking at the kids who are happy to have their loving mom back

Isn't it beautiful??

6 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Gorgeous. It highligts Antoino's coloring beautifully. I would try something like that but I am sure it would be slightly more diagonal.

June 25, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Oh WOW I love that. The blue and brown combo is my FAVORITE!!! SOOOO COOL.

June 25, 2006 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you finished! It looks great. Last pic with the animals is awesome.

June 25, 2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

What a beautiful cat! I like the stripes (very creative, Charissa!). I've wanted to paint my apartment, but I know the maintenance guys would probably freak out. I think bright green would go well in my kitchen.

June 25, 2006 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super job - and it makes a huge difference!

June 26, 2006 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rockin' stripes! very fresh and creative!

June 26, 2006 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home