Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!


Today is my dad's 32nd Annual Father's Day (although I've only been around for 28 of them). I am very lucky that I have two of the most giving parents ever. They raised their daughters with self-esteem and strength of character, as well as empathy for others, and we have both turned out to be smart, strong women with good souls. Without question, my parents have always been there for me when I needed them... or even when I thought that I didn't.

The photo above is of my dad and I on the top of Seattle's Space Needle almost a year ago. This was one of the coolest trips of my life, and I have my mom and dad to thank for it.

Here we are standing at Snoqualmie Falls, WA, which was insanely gorgeous. I've always liked this picture of the two of us.


This is the photo most likely to get me into trouble. It's a picture of my dad after a few too many glasses of wine during a weekend trip the family took to PA. I know he looks fierce, but we all had the giggles (especially mom) and this documents the few seconds of "seriousness" we had that night. I think it's hilarious, but he may kill me for posting it. What other opportunity will I have to share it? :)

Happy Father's Day as well to my grandpas, my brother-in-law, and my extended family and friends. Thank you for everything that you do for your families.


I love you, Dad! Happy Father's Day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Lord, LOL. That picture doesn't deserve to be on film! - or in pixels, or any other kind of organized imaging!!! By the way, it was a "few too many BOTTLES as I remember it ;-) I'm surprised I woke up the next morning LOL

Thank you so much for making me laugh, Rissa. I love you too ;-)

June 18, 2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home