Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Made It Home

So, I made it home. I'm exhausted. I still have some chapters left in "A Long Way Down," so I am going to go for a quick walk, but I wanted to post a few photos first.

The first (above) is the chocolate that was delivered to my room by the catering staff. My boss and I both got it, so I have to assume it was a 'thank you' for all of the money we'd spent. About 30 minutes after this was delivered, a maid came by my room for 'turn-down' service. I politely declined (what was I going to do, watch her?), and she handed me MORE chocolate. For about ten seconds, I felt like I was being courted or something. :)


On a side note... I didn't actually eat any of it. Is that horrible? Why couldn't they have delivered a bag of chips with sour cream and onion dip? Now that would have been something!!


Second, this is the best photo that I could get of last night's view from my room (see yesterday's blog entry for more info). Each and every photo I took turned out blurry... I just couldn't stay completely still in all that wind. I swear I tried. Anyway, don't look at the photo for detail, just look at all the lights. There were just as many lights to the left and right of this photo, and those blurry buildings in the center are Downtown Dallas. Isn't it beautiful?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a hint next time you find it difficult to get a good shot - brace the camera on something solid, like the railing. It really does work :)

June 16, 2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I did!! I held the camera up on and against a railing, but to no avail. Maybe it was the three glasses of wine from dinner? ;)

June 17, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Working with a Texan and having one as a sister in law I believe that they would the chocolates were a "Thank y'all" and since you did not eat them you "chunked" them into a trash can. I get endless hours of fun from lauging at their weird Texan language.
Glad you are back safe.

June 18, 2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home