Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Biggest Pet Peeve

That title is misleading. This blog entry is really about my second biggest pet peeve. My first biggest pet peeve is incompetence. There's not much to say about that. Incompetent people make me want to scratch my eyes out; But let's save that for a different day, shall we?

My second pet peeve is more inter- esting. Can you guess?

I can honestly say that at least two or three times a week I walk by the microwave in our kitchen at work and see this. It is the calling card of someone who has halted a microwave before it has completed its predictable countdown.

Now, let me clarify. I often over-enter my microwave time. I may know that I need, let's say, 30 seconds, but since there isn't a 30 second button, I'll hit "1," "2," or hell, maybe "6" and let my 30 seconds tick away until my food or drink is done. I do it all the time. Maybe you do as well. So what's my deal?

I simply CAN'T STAND IT when the someone just WALKS AWAY FROM THE MICROWAVE WITHOUT HITTING "CANCEL." I mean, that's why the button was invented, right? It's a cute little button. It deserves to be used (just like my VCRs do). I simply don't understand who could be so anti-button that they'd refuse to push it.

Maybe it bothers me because it feels like the microwave is just left hanging. Like it's frozen in time. Like no one cares enough to let it off the hook and just hit the cancel button. Or maybe I'm a little OCD. Whatever the reason... I implore you to be pro-button. Embrace the button. Use the buttons on your microwave as they were intended to be used. Don't ignore the cancel button, and don't put baby in the corner. Friends don't let friends be anti-button.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Bwahahahahaha

June 09, 2006 2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda makes me wonder who pushed your button! *snicker*

June 09, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I have lots of buttons, unfortunately....

June 09, 2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home