Sunday, June 04, 2006

I Bailed On Dave and Other Stuff

I bailed on Dave this morning. We were going to run a 5K, and I completely bailed. You see, I forgot to pre-register, which means I would've had to get up at 6 am to go to this thing just to make sure I could participate. Despite my new dedication to exercise, I am STILL not a morning person, and I just couldn't make it happen. But good news! Dave ran it anyway and texted me that his time was 25:50. GO DAVE!

I'm going to rebound next week and run the Survivor Harbor three miler. The route goes around the harbor, which should be really fun. There's a seven miler portion, too, and despite the fact that I walked 4.35 miles yesterday because I felt guilty about bailing on Dave, I'm not sure that I am ready to commit to a full seven miles. I guess we'll see.

New Book
I finally finished "Holy Blood, Holy Grail." It was definitely fascinating, but like Nicole said, it was dry at times too. It covered a lot of ground, including Jesus had a wife and child(ren), that the bloodline has survived through today, he may not have died on the cross, Jesus' divinity (or lack thereof), the Priory of Sion's role then and now, and about one hundred other historical puzzle pieces that intertwine with the authors' theories. It will likely spur a lot of new reading on my part, but it was so heavy that I needed a break. I already started "A Long Way Down," by Nick Hornby. I bought the book last year after Jason recommended it, but I must have been distracted or something because I stopped reading it for some reason. This go-around I am listening to it on my iPod as I walk rather than reading it. I probably only covered the first few chapters yesterday, but it's very good so far. I knew it would be.

New Blog Theme Day
I have a new idea for my fellow bloggers. Just like "Flashback Fridays," I propose "Tuesdays About Town." This is everyone's opportunity to tell us what you like (or don't like) about where you live, whether it's the little things (like a park you love in your neighborhood), or the big things (like a famous monument or event in your city or state). I love Baltimore for being so cool and quirky, and I thought this would be a fun way to share what I love about B-more while you share what you love about your towns. Unfortunately, I only have about five bloggers that even READ my blog, so to the five of you: please feel free to forward on. I will start up this Tuesday... and I invite you all to participate, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Ummm, duh. what a great title for tuesday. "t's" and everything. good job :)

June 04, 2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I think its the 2nd chapter of "Holy Blood..." that's the most gripping, when the authors discuss the tale of the priest banished to the remote French village who stumbles across "something" and whose life completely spins around. The hairs on the back of my neck were totally standing up.

June 06, 2006 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home