Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One Week Down

So congratulations me, I've been blogging a whole seven days now! No, I promise I won't say that every week, but it still seems new, so I figured that I'd mention it at least once. All-in-all, I think this blog business is going to be very good therapy. Instead of rehashing my daily frustrations all night long, I can hop online and BLOG. Blessed be the Blog.

Over the past week I have found a few blogs that I think are interesting... so today I thought that I'd share a few, and maybe reach out to a few bloggers along the way.

Baltimore Crime:
A digest of crime in Baltimore City, Maryland.

This is going to scare my Ohio friends and family, but Baltimore's problems with crime are well known to those of us that live here. Granted, this usually happens in certain parts of town (I've only had one murder in my neighborhood, and it was domestic violence), but it's unavoidable. We're halfway through the year, and there have been 112 homicides. Don't fret... it's down from the 270 we had last year. I'll spare you the details, but if you are curious, the statistics are just a few clicks away. Check out this blog here: http://baltimorecrime.blogspot.com/

Bags in Trees
On a lighter note, this site is dedicated solely to bags in trees. I love the description, "Bagsintrees.com is a photoblog dedicated to showcasing the beauty of the omnipresent plastic accessories that adorn the trees of Baltimore, MD." So eloquent. I've seen a bag in a tree on my walk route... so I am definitely going to contribute soon. Click here to check it out: http://bagsintrees.blogspot.com/

Strange New Products
"Strange New Products is a look at the weirdest, funniest, stupidest, and ingenious new products entering the marketplace." This is way cool and funny. This blog highlights new product ideas that borderline on the insane. From what I can tell, these are legit, because the blog author includes links to external sites. It's crazy, check it out here: http://www.strangenewproducts.com/

On a personal note, I had a doctor's appointment with my neurologist today (yes, I said "my" neurologist), and all is well. It's pretty much an annual checkup to confirm that nothing has happened, that I feel fine, and please renew my prescription. Very exciting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug Charissa, and happy blogging!

Steve (pronounced Steev)
Strange New Products

May 30, 2006 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home