Saturday, May 27, 2006

Neat Website!

So I know that Katherine said she found the coolest website the other day, but I really think that I might have found it instead (Sorry Katherine!).

Most of you know that I've stepped up my exercising over the last eight weeks or so, and I have been walking/jogging at least 2-3 miles about 4-5 times per week. This site that I found is a part of Google Maps, but it calculates distance based on a specific route that you lay out. It's the Gmaps Pedometer, and you can check it out by clicking HERE.


My current route is 3.15 miles.

All you have to do is "flag" your route on the Google map, and it will calculate the distance automatically (without you having to drive your whole route in your car). There's also a calorie counter, but I'm not too sure how accurate it is.

Some things I discovered:
- It's only 2.75 miles from my front door to the Inner Harbor (or just 3.35 miles to Camden Yards).
- Fort McHenry (birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner) is a mere 5.29 miles (walking around the entire harbor) from my house.
- If I wanted to walk to work (assuming I took Route 40 and Philadelphia Road), I would walk 9.84 miles.
- It's 1.8 miles to walk Wexford Blvd. to Saybrooke to Smokerise to Wexford (Partridge Highlands). It's only 1.08 miles to Stow High School.

Too cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

That is so fun. We play with that site at work. It is really great for scaring family members. It works especially well if you have never been to their office but can describe the surrounding buildings.

May 28, 2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, but Katherine's site is my new favorite.

http://www.librarything.com/profile/richieumd

May 28, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

That site is, admittedly, cool. But come on-- haven't you always wanted to catalog your books??

;-)

June 01, 2006 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home