Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow (Right?)

Boy, do I hope so. Today completely sucked. I know that I have agreed (with myself) not to vent too much here about things that could get me into trouble, but today bit the big one. I have a least favorite person today, and I have a strong feeling that he'll be my least favorite person tomorrow. At least I got to vent at happy hour. That's always a good time. Thanks, friends. :)

As crappy as today was, tomorrow I have higher hopes. I have (yet) another eye appointment in Bel Air, and I am hoping that I can get my final eye surgery scheduled. For those of you that don't know, I've had two eye surgeries in the past two months to correct my eyes. My eyes are quite healthy, but they were too bad to be fixed by LASIK alone. If it means anything to you, each eye was around -12 or -13.

To date, I have had ICLs (implantable collamer lenses) implanted in each eye (see here for an animated video of the surgery). I still have one more surgery (probably LASIK) to fix the (now minor) corrections. At this point, I am very anxious to get this whole thing over with. It's been a long road.

To commemorate this day, below are pictures for all of you of each eye after their respective surgeries.

This is my right eye, which was first. I needed a lot of valium for this one!






My left eye was second. The pupil was bigger here because they used drugs to keep it open longer. It helped with the pain; don't ask me how.

Aren't they beauteous?

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

shiver...hope that you can get it scheduled-now that my eyes are watering and i am hungry and there is no one to help me out...

June 01, 2006 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of the old "look in eye" game our family played. You will have to quiz them for details.

June 01, 2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I'M HUUUUNNGGGRRRRYYYY...... :)

What Willis game is D talking about?

June 01, 2006 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if the Sun came out today, it sure wasn't in Akron. Hope your least favorite person, whoever it is, ultimately is only a dull memory. Life sucks sometimes but the key is to have more friends than anyone else (or is that toys?) :-)

By the way, I have to tell you this... the "word verification" staring at me below I'm going to have to type in says "lipshtz"!!

June 01, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

LIPSHTZ? No way... that's the coolest one ever. Isn't that from CHICAGO?

June 01, 2006 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home