Wednesday, June 07, 2006

National VCR Day

Today is National VCR Day. It's true. At first I thought, "How funny," but then I actually felt kind of sad. My VCRs don't get the same love that they got ten years ago. Sure, I still own all of my VHS tapes... mostly because I'm cheap; But I'll get rid of them slowly and gradually as I replace them with DVDs. It's really just a matter of time for them. My poor VCRs are becoming (or already are) extinct. They just don't know it yet.

On a lighter note...
I'm surprised that Elizabeth missed what I would expect would be her favorite day of the year: Apple Computer Day was June 4th.

And lest you forget the rest of your important June holidays (not including Father's Day, of course)...
Recess at Work Day is the 15th.
Vinegar Day is the 17th.
Garfield the Cat Day is the 19th (This is for Jessica).
Pee on Earth Day is the 21st.
Take Your Dog to Work Day is the 23rd.
Please Take My Child To Work Day is the 26th.
Hand Shake Day is the 28th.

June is also both 'Effective Communications Month' and 'Professional Wellness Month,' which I find, well, comical. And ironic.

Happy June.

4 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I sold my ten-year old VCR for $50 six months ago. I couldn't believe my luck.

June 07, 2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

where in the world did you find these dates?

June 08, 2006 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some, EVERY day is Pee on Earth day.....

(But, not for me....)

8>}

June 08, 2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does WS celebrate the 15th and 23rd? god i hope so

June 08, 2006 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home