Friday, June 16, 2006

Flashback Fridays


I was browsing my digital photos and came across this pic from August or September 2003. I was in NYC for Ryan and Lisa's wedding and was able to meet up with Jodi and Craig (her husband) at Seredipity. For those of you that don't know, this is a famous restaurant and dessert place that is probably best known for it's role in the movie of the same name starring John Cusack.

It's kind of funny that I ran across this photo, because a friend and I were recently disagreeing on whether or not this movie is good or not. Is it cheesey? Oh yeah. But is the whole book-chasing thing kind of cool? You bet. I'm not claiming it's realistic, just that it's more realistic than, let's say, a frog turning into a prince. It's a romantic comedy. It's supposed to be a bit on the fairytale side.

So anyway, when I saw this photo, I knew it had to be my flashback.

Jodi lives in NYC when she's not traveling the world performing. I'm not entirely sure if she still works at Seredipity when she's in town for any length of time, but this day we were able to walk past the long line of customers waiting for a table because Jodi worked there. We ate dinner, but I don't remember what I got. I also had dessert, and although I can't be 100% sure, I think I had the hot fudge sundae with strawberries.

This restaurant also has another story because Ryan and Lisa, whose wedding I was attending that weekend in NYC, were engaged in that same restaurant. Their wedding favors were glass mugs with their names and wedding date and a package of Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate.

It's all very charming.

Definition from the website:
ser-en-dip-i-ty (n) the art of making happy discoveries, or finding the unexpectedly pleasant, by chance or sagacity

2 Comments:

Blogger kwpershey said...

Ha! Serendipity was the first movie Ben and I went to see together. My selection. The trailer hooked me with the whole book-chasing subplot... but my vote is that it was a really hokey movie. Even for a romantic comedy. I remembered sitting in the theater going "Oh no, this guy who has already voiced his preference for art house movies is totally going to write me off!" But that didn't happen. :-)

June 16, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

Oops! I meant to add that I just reconnected with Jodi through Friendster. Sounds like she has an amazing career going!

June 16, 2006 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home