Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Night, Movie Night

Tonight I watched Far From Heaven... and my God it was awful. Awful, awful, awful.

You'd think with a cast including Julianne Moore, Dennis Quaid and Dennis Haysbert, this would be decent. The dialogue was embarrassingly simple, and the acting was rehearsed and exaggerated. Even the soundtrack was overly dramatic and poorly timed with the action in the story. It felt more like a parody than a film to be taken seriously.

Somehow Far From Heaven received GOOD reviews; I just don't understand it. Netflix - 3.5 stars. IMBD - 7.5 stars. Endless critics gave it many thumbs up. I rated this movie with one star only, because I "Hated It."

Did I miss something?

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

wasn't she nominated for an academy award for this movie? did she win? i think i better shuffle over to imdb. hrm.

September 12, 2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Differences in opinion are welcome. Do you like all my music? Do I like you? uhh...yours?

September 12, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Plat -- I liked Crash, but I agree with you in that it was a bit overrated. I didn't think it was the best movie, it just had good subject matter.

CA - Oh my you're right. Nominated for 4 Oscars, including Best Actress. I am so shocked. I just hated this movie. I don't understand at all.

*D* - OF COURSE I like all of your music (duh!). :)

September 12, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Crash blew monkey-goat balls.

September 12, 2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home