Sunday, September 10, 2006

Netflix and Closing a Chapter

Well, so to speak. I have finally finished my book, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein. Very good. I am hesitant to say much about it because now it's on Snay's reading list, but to summarize, it's a sci-fi type novel about a colony on the moon that fights for it's freedom from the Earth colonies. It may sound a bit cheesy, but it's some good writing. Give it a shot if you like science fiction or revolutionary themes.

I also watched Hidalgo, and I was surprised that I really liked it. The original trailer was a bit "cowboy hero" for me, but the movie had just the right mix of character development and live action. Extra bonuses too, for it being based on a true story. I gave it four stars only because I couldn't give it 3 and a half. I prefer to round up... both when giving tips and when rating movies.

Is everyone staying in tonight? I feel like having a few drinks, but everyone's holed up at home.... ANYONE?

8 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I just got home. LOST season 2 episodes to keep me occupied -- thank goodness for DVDs!

September 10, 2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Hey, wasn't this the book Sawyer was reading in S1? I can't remember.

September 10, 2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

No way... really???

September 10, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

No, turns out it was "Watership Down." What the hell do I know.

September 10, 2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

That's a good book/movie, too....

September 10, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

hidalgo is a big joke for my family because my husband wanted to see it in the theater and i refused. then when it came out on video i rented it for him and even returned it 2 days late and he never watched it. it's his favorite movie that he never saw. although, i think he actually saw part of it a couple months ago. anyway... i'll tell him you gave it 4 stars. *grin*

September 11, 2006 6:00 AM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

Heinlein is one of my favorite's to read. My very favorite is "Time Enough For Love" where the main character is Lazarus Long who lives to be about 2000 years. It's about time travel, free love and using body paint for clothing which is popular in some areas now. Lazarus Long was first introduced in Methuselah's Children and after Time Enough For Love appeared 3 other novels by Heinlein. All good reads. I like time travel!

September 11, 2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

If you haven't already, you should try the Time Travelers Wife. Easily one of the best books I've ever read.

September 11, 2006 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home