Monday, September 04, 2006

Monday Night, "Movie Night"

Monday nights should be "Movie Night." I like making dinner and cuddling up under a blanket to watch some Netflix. It's so relaxing. I've watch three movies lately. I'll save the best for last.

Mrs. Henderson Presents was very cute and very clever, but I wouldn't recommend it for you boys. It was a girl movie. Maybe even a mom and daughter movie. Very charming and literary. Three stars.

Jersey Girl was not as good as I wanted it to be. I kept it out of my Netflix queue for a long time, but it kept popping up in my recommendations, so I finally gave in. Then I heard other people saying that they wanted to see it, so I moved it up. But honestly, it was kind of a let down. The little girl was adorable, possibly a new Dakota Fanning, but the story wasn't anything special. Two stars.

Prime.... was amazing! I'm not even a good Uma Thurman fan, but I LOVED this movie. I might even buy it. It is definitely a romantic comedy, and I admit to you that it reinforces my age and dating rules... if you watch it and have questions about what I'm talking about, feel free to inquire. Four stars.

7 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Let us not forget, dear Charissa, that Mrs. Henderson Presents featured lots of female nudity. And even Bob Hoskin's flopping weiner won't discourage most guys from watching it in exchange for British boobs.

September 04, 2006 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it, but he does make a interesting point. Thanks for dropping by the blog the other day Charissa.

I hope everything is going very well for you.

September 04, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

i second snay.

besides, dame dench is a great actor, her characters usually have bigger balls than the men she acts against.

breasts, explosions... certainly enough to keep a guy occupied :P

September 05, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Wow. I completely underestimated you guys. My bad. I figured Judi Dench would intimidate you. Good to know you see her as a quality actress (and that you all like boobs). She did really well in this role.

September 05, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I've got a movie with her in it at home I'm waiting to see -- "The Shipping News." Read the book when I was in West Virginia.

Dench is great. I love her in "Shakespeare in Love."

September 05, 2006 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Shipping News is a solid movie. Let me know how you like it, Snay.

September 05, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I'm a Kevin Spacey fan all the way!

September 05, 2006 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home