Sunday, September 03, 2006

I Think I Heart Tennis

I played tennis for the first time Sunday afternoon.

I know, "What? She's never played tennis, ever?" Nope. There wasn't a lot of tennis in Northeast Ohio that I recall. I don't even think my friends in Ohio ever played tennis. Anyone?

Well, we played doubles: Jill, Rob, Richie and I... and I'd like to say that I suck. Generally I don't take it well when I'm not good at something. I'm a perfectionist to the extreme. So that being said, today was rough. I really had a good time, but I felt bad for my friends that I didn't have a better grasp on the game. Richie said that I got better during the - I don't know - THREE HOURS that we played, but I was definitely frustrated.

I'd like to get better. I think I can do better, but I'd hate to put anyone through that again. I need a trainer. A trainer that has an immense amount of patience. I think I could really like playing tennis as long as I can improve my form.

So, here I am... I'm tired and I know that I am going to HURT tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is nice so Antonio and I can go to the park. Relaxation is a beautiful word. Today I moved like I have never moved before, and I am going to pay for it I can just tell. I had a really good time so the pain will be completely worth it. I just need to figure out how to get some good practice in so that it doesn't hurt this much every time.

Oh, and my burn turned into a blister today. Luckily it's on my left hand, so it didn't affect my game (although I should've used it as an excuse - ha!), but it's official that it's a second-degree burn now that's it's blistered. I'm such an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home