Thursday, August 31, 2006

Flashback Fridays

In honor of the start of school year (go teachers!), my flashback on this Friday is my kindergarten class photo. I also have my first and second grade photos, which will follow in the next two weeks.

I loved Mrs Parks. She was my sister's kindergarten teacher three years earlier and won Teacher of the Year from Akron Public Schools. There is even an award in her honor, the 'Marilyn Parks Lifetime Achievement Award.'

I remember so much about this woman, even though I was 5 years old in her class. She was well known for her dedication to teaching and her endless compassion. I'll remember learning the letter people and completing schoolwork on the 'ditto' machine worksheets. I was lucky to have her in my life. She was an excellent teacher and had an amazing heart.

Sadly, she passed away in 2001. I attended her viewing. I hadn't seen her in 5 or 6 years... and it had only been 5 or 6 years because she attended my high school graduation party. How awesome is that?

So, here is my kindergarten photo. Can you spot me?

7 Comments:

Blogger johnny dollar said...

back row?

i lurv kindergarten photos... i wonder how it is that they all have the same format?

September 01, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Middle row, second from the left?

I'd cringe to see a picture of my first grade or kindergarten class.

September 01, 2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one is SOOO obvious... oh, yeah, I'm your Dad, I should know :)

September 01, 2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

took me all of .2 secs to find you :)

September 01, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Brian Sacawa said...

1st row, 2nd from the right.

September 01, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Charissa REVEALED! I'm in the front row, second from the right. I distinctly remember not being able to touch the floor, so I straightened my feet and hoped it would look like they were flat. How funny is that? Ah, well... it just prepared me for a life of being petite. I'm 4'11" at 29 years old. Fun. :)

September 03, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger denish roy said...

You have done good information on this article and You have written well on above topic and also thanks for sharing with us.
capital one corporate address

October 28, 2021 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home