Monday, August 28, 2006

Netflix'd Transamerica

I just watched Transamerica, a movie that earned Felicity Huffman an Oscar nomination. It was very good, and it was very interesting. In case you don't know, it's about a transgender man who discovers that he has a son about a week before his surgery. Felicity Huffman was amazing. It was uncomfortable for me to watch, I admit that, but mostly because I cringed every time I thought Felicity's character was going to be exposed/embarrassed/etc. The sexuality bit didn't bother me as much as did feeling horrible for all of the pain and suffering. Either way, it is a great movie, albeit with a very unusual subject. I rated it four stars... and Felicity should have won an Oscar for sure.

Oh, and Dolly Parton, one of my favorite people ever, sings the song during the closing credits. Loved it. I will download it tonight.

Did anyone else see this movie?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really caught off guard by this movie, but in a good way.

August 29, 2006 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this movie. I was uncomfortable most of the time, but it wasn't with Felicity Huffman's character. It was with her son. She was coming into her own and he was just beginning to discover what he wanted and who he wanted to be. His journey was more difficult for me. She should have won the oscar. I loved Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line but Felicity's portrayal of Bree was tranformational.

August 31, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Jodi!! Miss you!

September 01, 2006 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home