Saturday, September 02, 2006

My First Crab Feast

Yeah, I know I've lived in Maryland for 3 and a half years, but tonight I am headed to my very first crab feast. I have a strong feeling I'll get through less than a crab before I'll have to have someone pick it for me, but I am willing to try.

I definitely have to throw a shout out to Dave S. (not sure if he reads my blog or not) for my first lobster back in February. Somehow (the wine helped), I managed not to completely freak out when he brought home a live lobster and steamed the poor guy. Although I must admit that was one delicious lobster. Thanks, Dave.

Tonight, the crabs will be steamed by the time I get there, but I'm still not keen on breaking apart their little bodies. It's so disturbing.

Photos and stories to come later, I'm sure... ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Going with family and friends?

Have a blast and take care of yourself!

September 02, 2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

you never had a lobster or crabs before? where are you from? crazy! maybe because i am from new england it was just normal to have lobster and crabs and a clambake and stuff. do you think that's what it is? oh, and i've been waiting to hear what you have to say about the double eviction on big brother.

September 03, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

Growing up in Bawlmer Hon, I thought everybody in the world ate crabs.

September 03, 2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home