Monday, October 16, 2006

First Thoughts from the First Day

Wow. I'm sleepy... or weary as my mom likes to say. It's not that training was difficult, because it wasn't, it's just that by hanging out with the team I can finally begin to see the amount of knowledge I will have to absorb. Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, but dear God these folks work hard! The team member that I am replacing has two weeks left, and even though I am in training for this whole week, I am desperate to spent time with him and absorb as much of his knowledge as I can.

Everyone seems really excited to have me on board, which is both inspiring and overwhelming. I am very capable and proficient at what I do, but I can't help but feel a little extra stress from their high expectations. Do I think I can manage it? Yes. Do I think I can learn quickly? Yes. Do I think I can kick butt in the long run? Yes. But there's a part of me that hopes I don't let any of them down in the process, you know?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt in my mind you'll do fine. Focus, focus, focus, with a smile and a deep breath now and then ;-)

October 16, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

YAY YOU! C, I'm glad you had a good first day. New jobs are ALWAYS overwhelming, but just take it in small doses and it'll all work out.

Cookies are coming!!!

October 16, 2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home