Sunday, May 06, 2007

Fiesta!

We went to Jill's parents yesterday for their annual Fiesta. It was quite a bit colder than last year, so Antonio stayed home, but the usual mix of kegs, ice luges, Mexican fare and good company was there. We didn't stay terribly long, maybe 9:30/10 because it's been a long week and exhaustion set it, but it was great to see everyone from WS, my previous employer, and mix with the regular Jill and Rob crew.

It's funny because I am not a morning person at all, but all week this week I've been at work earlier than usual, and I think my sleepiness yesterday was a result of getting on this new schedule. It's a shame that I'll be headed to Reno Wednesday morning for a few days - not because I don't want to go, but because my schedule is likely to get all messed up again. The key is going to be to get up early, go to bed early and try to stay as close to East Coast time as possible.

Today we are all being lazy. Elliott is stretched out on the bed, Antonio has climbed into the window sill for some sunbathing, and I've been working, eating, and watching TV. I think I'll pause here and play some computer games for awhile, then maybe take Antonio for a walk, but whatever I do I need this relaxation.

Unrelated - Someone on my block is cooking pizza. I can smell it. I am so jealous right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home