Monday, May 07, 2007

Packing... Again

Blah! I'm packing... again. This time I am headed to Reno, NV a few days for work. I'll fly out early Wednesday and fly back late Saturday - taking the red eye. Fun! I am actually (pathetically) looking forward to some quality reading time on the airplane. How sad is that? I just need to remember to pack warm clothes for the flight back. It's my tendency to pack warm weather clothes, and then freeze on those night flights across country. None of that this time! I'll prepare in advance! Sneakers, jeans and a sweatshirt!

Spontaneous Poll:
Do you say "sneakers" or "tennis shoes"?


So today was a good day. I made some major headway at work with a few projects, and I feel motivated to keep chugging along. It's very rewarding to see good things come out of the work that I put in, so I can only hope that continued dedication will bring continued success. Of course, sleep and relaxation is key, so I am going to watch The Riches at 10 PM and hit the sack (after a glass of wine). 'Night!

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

Sneakers... I think only older people call them tennis shoes. As in older people... I mean the AARP group.

May 08, 2007 2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tennis shoes... i think sneakers are a mid-western thing. you know, like calling soda "pop"?

May 08, 2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

tennis shoes.

And I never say "pop" either. I've transitioned to "soda" but in Texas, you say "coke" and then specify what kind, as in "sprite".

May 08, 2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

I grew up in New England... everyone there calls them sneakers or whatever brand they are... like Nikes or Adidas.

Have a safe flight and a good working trip. Take some time to breathe though, girl!

May 09, 2007 2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home