Thursday, September 20, 2007

Announcing New Links

I'd like to introduce you to three new links on my blog.

First is The Akron Notebook, which has replaced Akron News. The Akron Notebook is a collection of stories, news and reviews of Akron, Ohio - the city where I was born. Those of you that have lived in the great state of Ohio (or still do!) should check it out. There's a lot of neat information on there.

Second, check out the Energy Drink Guru. Ever wonder how many energy drinks there are? Ever wonder which tastes better? Which costs more? Everything you ever wanted to know about the world of energy drinks.

Lastly, I am walking the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk in Towson next month, so I have added The Alzheimer's Association to my 'Right Smart Exercise' list. If you've ever had any exposure to Alzheimer's, you know just how horrible it is. One in every eight people will get Alzheimer's. Those are scary odds. It will only get worse as our population ages. The Alzheimer's Association can use all of the funding it can get because it is a frightening disease. If you would like to donate (PLEASE!) email me, and I'll send you a link to my fundraising page.

4 Comments:

Blogger jpb2525 said...

You know I will.....but don't have ure email (have jodi send it to me)....

September 20, 2007 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't know if you're aware of this, but that Waldi logo has a trademark on it, and people aren't allowed to use trademark images on cafepress. Don't want you to get into trouble.

September 22, 2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Hey Maggie - I did a trademark/copyright search on it and found nothing. And on the Olympic site I couldn't find any reference to the mark being protected either.

If you found something, please let me know.

September 23, 2007 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Charissa. There's a page on cafepress that answers questions about what types of things people can and cannot do. One of them is using logos, as those are automatically copyrighted.

If you go to the Waldi page on Wikipedia, click on his picture. That brings you to the page that has info on the picture like the resolution and licensing info. It says there that is has a copyright and trademark.

I was kinda bummed when I saw that, because it's a cute logo to have on a t-shirt!

September 23, 2007 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home