Sunday, September 16, 2007

I-95 Express Lanes

I've been driving the I-95 corridor for nearly five years now, and I have to admit that I am in awe of some of the new construction that is going on. Every time I drive 95 these days, I try desperately to visualize what they are trying to do, where the toll roads will go, and what it all will look like when it's done. Finally, today, I jumped online to look for the project plans, and I found the coolest thing.

Well, it's cool if you are 1) visual like me, 2) like to understand the how and why of things, and 3) give a hoot. Check out THIS SITE and scroll down to the bottom. There are both existing photos and future renderings of 95 and the planned express lanes. I opened an existing in one window and a future in another, and I kept ALT+TAB'ing between them. It's fascinating!

If you are local, minimally take a look at the future rendering for the 95/695 interchange. All I have to say is that I hope they have good signage. That's a spider if I ever saw one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

That site is pretty neat, even if you have never driven on that road. They have just started discussing toll express lanes around here.

September 16, 2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Segnebt 2 Future shot is awesome!!!!

September 17, 2007 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang typing lol "segment" !!!

LOL

September 17, 2007 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driving past the construction on my way to and from work is one of the high points of my day. Really. Have you seen when they actually pick the big I-beams up on the cranes? They have three guys stand on the beams and get lifted however ridiculous-freakin-high into the sky. I saw them doing this in the rain. Crazy.

September 20, 2007 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home