Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The New Book List for Fall 2007

I was cleaning up some old posts today (I changed my page dimensions so there were many old posts that were all wacky), and I saw a book list that was insanely outdated. For the sake of my own sanity, I feel like making another. So here we go:

1. What Remains by Carole Radziwill - In progress
2. What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman
3. Until I Find You by John Irving
4. The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford
5. Butchers Hill by Laura Lippman - Need to buy

Under consideration:
- Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison by TJ Parsell
- Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher
- Setting Free the Bears by John Irving (I've read half and hated it. I feel like I need to give it another shot.)
- Sickened: The Memoir of a Munchausen by Proxy Childhood by Julie Gregory
- Searching for Life: The Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo and the Disappeared Children of Argentina by Rita Arditti

As you can see, the list is getting shorter. I need recommendations, please.

10 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

KITE RUNNER is really amazing. I bought UNTIL I FIND YOU last summer, and started reading it, and couldn't get into it. I finally read it THIS summer, and while it started out great, I wasn't too happy with it past the halfway mark.

September 13, 2007 12:52 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

i loved kite runner

have you read time travelers wife?
one of my favorite books ever.

September 13, 2007 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still recommend "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen.

September 13, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

I just finished The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls... it was pretty good. A memoir of sorts- seems like it would be up your alley. I still recommend Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet though- favorite book of all time.

ps- I read all the Laura Lippman books- she rocks!

September 13, 2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Ooooo... a list, a list! I put a book on my blog a couple days ago. Don't know if it's the kind of thing you're looking for, but I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

September 13, 2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger julie said...

PS: I'm tagging you. See my blog for details. And don't hate me.

September 13, 2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship and Musical Theater by Marc Acito, The Boleyn Inheritance, by Phillipa Gregory, Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody, A Ship Made of Paper by Scott Spencer, Take the Canolli by Sarah Vowell and I've been rereading a lot of classics lately, so Jane Eyre (my favorite), Wuthering Heights, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and the very timely 1984 by George Orwell. BTW- you have to read Kite Runner! Love you!

September 14, 2007 8:06 PM  
Blogger k said...

"wasted" is amazing. i read it years ago and it has really stayed with me.
my book club read kite runner & it was one of the few choices that all members loved.
if you want something light you can't beat anything by sophie kinsella. the secret history by donna tartt is the perfect mystery. i always recommend fortunes rocks by anita shreve.

September 14, 2007 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Charissa,
I read books for ELLE magazine, and I highly recommend, "Black and White"-I can't remember the author though, and "The descendants-by Kaui Hart Hemmings" Loved them. They are really great! I think you would love them.
~Annie

September 18, 2007 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please read my book, Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison.
Thanks!
T.J.

November 05, 2007 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home