Sunday, September 09, 2007

Saturday Night Fever

CJ, Angie and I went out to dinner last night at Canton Dockside (surprise). It was really nice to have the three of us together again and catch up on all of our lives, drama, and business. This summer has been challenging in different ways for all of us, and sometimes you just need to low key girl-time to regroup and feel loved. (Which, I do. Thanks, girls.)

CJ headed home (poo), and Angie and I headed over to Walts Inn for some hard core karaoke. Damn, I love this place. I've been going to Walts since before I actually lived here, and it is one of my favorite places in Baltimore. It was really great, too because I saw some of the old crowd there - Steve, Mike and Terry. No Jimmy and family unfortunately, but it was great to see the guys. They are so much fun to hang out with.

So Angie and I got their pretty early, so we got to sing so many songs. I made a real effort to sing new stuff too, so I sang, You're So Vain, Let 'er Rip, Summer Nights (w/ Mike by request), Miss Independent, Crazy (by request), and Dancing Queen (to close the night). Did I miss any? Angie absolutely killed, and I hope she doesn't need any more convincing that she's a great singer. Everyone just loved her. The girl's got power.

Steve sang Angie's song, Angie, and it was so fun. I think she loved it, what do you think?







Here's a photo of the guys singing... maybe it was You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling?





Here's Angie, Me and cutie Dave. So much fun.

We definitely closed the bar down and came back to my house and chatted until almost 3:30 or 4 AM. It was a long time overdue - for both karaoke and Angie time. Love you, girl.

5 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

Now, I'm really bummed I missed this. It looks like you had so much fun. I stopped by the Pigtown Festival around 3pm, hoping to meet up with you all, but ended up staying in Pigtown until 1am!

September 09, 2007 7:51 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

I meant hoping to meet up with you all after the festival (as the Pigtown Festival ended at 4pm).

September 09, 2007 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, we didn't make it out sat. we were bums all day! looks like you had fun :)

September 10, 2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger SJ Stone said...

I've only been to Walts Inn once, but I haven't had a chance to sing yet. I need to drink a little first. I do love karaoke. I may have to get down there sometime and try my hand at it.

September 10, 2007 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was sooooo much fun!!!!! We will absolutely have to do it again soon! :D You're such a sweetheart! Love you!!

September 13, 2007 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home