Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm irritable today.
2. My Internet has been screwy the last few days which is why postings have been sporadic. Grrrr... read #3.
3. A certain someone in my place of residence has been complaining for months about our Verizon DSL. I finally sucked it up this weekend, called Verizon, and took the morning today waiting for the technician to come by. They did. And you know what the problem was? Someone has been connecting a land line phone to the network without the required DSL filter, and he has been destroying our DSL signal. I cannot believe I stayed home for that. I'm so irked.
4. Puzzle is progressing. Updated photos to come later tonight.
5. Brandi Carlile is performing at Ram's Head on 9/29 at 7 PM. Who's coming with me? I will not miss this show. Even if I have to go alone, which I hate doing.
6. Elliott turned 10 years old in August. I didn't do anything for him, so I figure I'll celebrate his and Antonio's birthdays together. Can you believe Elliott is 10? I wish I had photos of him as a kitten. My sister keeps promising to send one, but to date, nada.
7. Oh cute boy, why must you work such strange hours?
8. If you love reality tv, read this. Great summary of everything I will have to plan my schedule around.
9. Freezer has been restocked with Edimame. Thank God.
10. I've had pain in my lymph nodes for about a week. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to get it checked out. I'm probably overreacting, but I am perplexed. I'll let you all know. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would recommend heartily complaining to Verizon and requesting that they run a separate line to your DSL service. The problem with DSL is exactly this problem, and I believe a large number of problems would be resolved if Verizon just ate the cost of running a small line. Making sure the filters are working is a royal pain in the ass.

You are not getting an additional phone line, but a connection which just uses the DSL line and is connected to the main line. I am unsure of the exact technical name, but my friend had it done when he had problems with the phone wiring in his house for DSL a couple of years ago.

September 04, 2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Verizon's customer service is crap. It makes me laugh that they have that commercial that says how great a company they are. I have many stories about my DSL but the one I'll leave here is of a repair technician coming to my apartment to figure out a problem and while I was waiting for my computer to turn on he said, "Wow, you seem tense." I said, "Well, yes. I've been waiting for my DSL service for 6 weeks." He said, "You know I could loosen you up and give you a back rub." He actually reached out to start touching me, until I rebuffed him. DISGUSTING!!! I would have reported him, but he had the upper hand. He knew where I lived, that I lived alone and he had my cell number.

September 05, 2007 12:26 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

i LOVE brandi carlile. LOVE HER.

September 05, 2007 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home