Sunday, August 26, 2007

I Hate Hangovers

Oh my... I had a blast last night, but I paid for it today. After cleaning and being lazy yesterday, CJ picked me up for dinner at Canton Dockside.
She spent the day with a friend in a wheelchair, so we got premier parking at the restaurant with the handicap parking pass we had. It sound pretty insignificant, but we felt like rockstars. We're such dorks.

During dinner, Jill, Rob and family walked in... we already had plans to meet up after dinner, but it turned out they wanted to try Dockside because I've talked it up quite a bit, so we all showed up at the same place. I picked about a quarter of a crab by myself which is a feat. I am so grossed out watching CJ scrape out the lungs on a crab. Crab meat is so, so good, but the 'mustard,' which is really crab poop, creeps me out. Eventually I'll get over it, I suppose. Baby steps.

For you non-Bawlmer folks, we had a huge electrical storm come through around 7:30 PM, and it had some crazy wind, rain and lightening. The restaurant lost Direct TV for a while, and I took the video below trying to get some of the weather on video.


CJ went home to watch the Ravens game, and the rest of us went down to Della Rosa's for some drinks. We caught up with a group of friends out for a bachelor party of sorts. Some of the guys I hadn't seen in awhile, so it was nice to catch up with them. A friend from work and her boyfriend brought cute spikey hair boy down to Della's for me to flirt with (haha). I heart cute boys. :) We stayed at Della's for awhile - oh, and I discovered that I am awful at shuffleboard. I have no talent for it at all. Around 11 PM or so, a few of the guys wanted to go to a strip club, but that's just not my thing. No interest. Eventually we all decided to go to Walts Inn instead for karaoke. It was so crowded. I sang a solo and a duet with some guy I didn't know which is always fun. Actually, a number of people in our group sang last night - even Jill, who is usually my #1 backup dancer.

We closed down the bar, and it was a great night. I should've had some more water though. I woke up this morning with a bad headache, so I drank a ton of water, took two Tylenol PMs and went back to bed. Hangovers are horrible, because you lose a whole day when you are recovering. Not to mention how hard it will be to get up at 6 AM tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

I never would have suspected you are grossed out by picking crabs.

Jill is too funny in your video clip. That was a crazy storm. We didn't have power from about 7:45 - 4:00 am that night.

August 28, 2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger Pigtown*Design said...

I have never, ever, ever seen so much ligntning. Ever.

August 28, 2007 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home