Monday, August 20, 2007

Jesus. Lord.

I forgot to mention that I hopped on a plane to Cincinnati today. It's a work trip, and we landed at 6 PM or so. Right now I'm in my hotel room ready to start on some work, but I wanted to post about dinner really quick. I just got back from my very first visit to a Brazilian Steakhouse - do you all know what that is? I am ILL. My God.

It's essentially a buffet of side dishes (I had mashed potatoes, cheese, smoked salmon, veggies, etc.) and, oh, MEAT. So the way this works is that you go to the buffet for some side dishes. While you eat your sides, the staff gives you a card with red on one side and green on the other. When you flip the card to green, you want meat. When you flip to red, you don't. When you are ready, you flip the card to green, and all these servers come by with all different kinds of meat on huge skewers for you to choose from. This steakhouse had fifteen cuts of meat. As long as you had green side up, the servers kept coming and coming with juicy meatness. I had my card on green as much as I could stand it.

Of the fifteen cuts of meat, I only tried five: sirloin, filet mignon, picanha, leg of lamb. There were a few in our group that ate many more cuts that I did... but I did my best. The problem was that once I tried the picanha, I was sold. It's a rump roast, and it was absolutely the best thing I have ever tasted. Better than filet - I have never ever tasted anything so wonderful, ever. It has ruined most other meats for me.

In addition, if you recall, I'm on this diet thing, and this was the most meat I have had in four months. My stomach is tight and hard. I hurt. I am bloated. I definitely overate, and there's nothing I can do for relief.

Still though, I'm not sorry. Tonight (and all of the delicious beef) was a gift. A gift to little 'ole me who loves beef and never gets to eat it. Thank goodness I don't have a scale in this hotel room. It wouldn't be pretty. Oh Jesus.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. When my wife and I visit Southern California, there is a great Brazilian Steakhouse right on the waterfront in Redondo Beach. Same menu and procedure. Same results, too! I don't think my daughter and her husband want to go back because one of their visits was not good...but, I do!

August 21, 2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sounds good! Been to an Argentian steakhouse, but it was a bit more civilized. Just order off the menu and it comes in a NYC tiny serving that costs a bundle. It was really good though!

August 21, 2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

We have one of those here. I haven't been but have heard the most incredible things.

August 21, 2007 8:58 PM  
Blogger jpb2525 said...

Steve and I went to one here in Chicago. I prepared by not eating for a full day, (Thank god). It is definately worthwhile if you are an Atkin's follower. Interesting concept, but doubt we'll ever go back. I feel for your stomach!

your boyfriend.
JPB

August 21, 2007 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home