Tuesday, August 14, 2007

For A Good Cause

I went to a 'guest bartending' fundraiser after work today - where folks who aren't bartenders work behind a bar and have their tips donated to charity. I had friends working the fundraiser, and the bar was right in my neighborhood which was cool. After a quick break to let Antonio out (and eat some food), I went back and hung out with a lot of work friends who finally showed up.

The interesting thing here is that around 10 PM - I felt wrong. Like wrong wrong. I stood in line for the bathroom so that I could throw some water on my face, but I couldn't last in line. I put down my drink and walked outside and got some air. After a few minutes, I walked back inside, got back in line, and once again that 'wrong' sensation came over me. My only guess is that it was the heat, so once again I went outside to cool off. I desperately wanted to stay, but whether it was the heat or something else, I have learned since my seizures to listen to my body, and I went inside only long enough to say goodbye. The walk home was cooling and comforting.

So now I am home and typing away on my laptop. My show didn't record, so I'll have to watch it tomorrow, but I am going to grab some water and go to bed. I don't like how I felt at the bar... it was unnerving. At the end of the day I can only trust my body, and my body was saying 'stop.'

It's okay, I was sleepy anyway. Responsibility is a good thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about BB8 tomorrow.

August 15, 2007 3:46 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I hope you are feeling better today!

August 15, 2007 9:08 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

I hope you're feeling better today, too. :)

August 15, 2007 11:18 AM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I hope you are feeling much better today. Sending love and fel better soon thoughts from Florida.

August 15, 2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home