Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ten on Tuesday (Travel Edition)

Okay, so it's Wednesday, but let's just pretend my tardiness is due to a time zone problem, okay?

1. You can pack enough for two nights away in a small carry on bag (as long as suits aren't required). Trust me, I did it.
2. Even when you consolidate your luggage into a small bag, you will still have to check your luggage because it is impossible to keep all of your sprays, drops, lotions, etc. in bottles less than 2 oz.
3. Toothpaste is considered a liquid. It's not a liquid. It's a paste.
4. Sleeping without a dog next to you or a cat on your head is lonely (even if it's a bit more restful).
5. I. Am not. A morning person.
6. Why don't airports have Dr. Pepper? Or even Vitamin water?
7. Why don't all airports have a McDonald's?
8. I saw Big Butter Jesus. Twice.

9. Antonio wines when he hears me but can't get to me. Picking him up this morning was awesome. He was so very excited to see his momma.
10. There are no Amish in Akron, Ohio. Period. Sugarcreek, yes. But not Akron.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Akron is a small city, yes but a city. If you want to visit Amish, try Sugarcreek maybe New Philly Ohio or Lancaster, Pa.

August 23, 2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

1. I love Vitamin Water
2. I saw some Amish in the Falls yesterday. Does that count?

August 23, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I had to google the Big Butter Jesus. It kind of scares me. I agree with you and Cassie Vitamin Water is quite tasty.

August 23, 2007 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charissa,
Loved the Big Butter Jesus!

Anonymous--
Akron is the 80th largest city (not metro area) in the US (2000 census).
This makes Akron larger than the largest cities in 18 states and larger than all but the largest city in 33 states.

The Akron metro area is the 60th largest in the US (2000 census).

This is larger than
Albany, NY
Tulsa, OK
Fresno, CA
Raleigh, NC

C'mon...give us some props!

August 24, 2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home