Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Weekend in Review

I am so tired. I've been a bit hungover most of the day, and although I am feeling better, I am comforted by the knowledge that I will sleep well tonight.

So... we went to Ocean City, Maryland this weekend for SunFest, although we never even went to the "fest" part of SunFest. Pathetic, isn't it? Oh well. We drove down Friday afternoon, checked in at 8:30 PM or so and walked to the Boardwalk for dinner. We stayed on 5th street, so we were close to everything. We were so tired from the week and the drive, that after dinner we grabbed a bottle of wine and took it back to the room to hang out.

On Saturday, we went to breakfast in the morning and were on the beach by 11 AM. It was beautiful. CJ and Angie spent a lot of time in the water, which I had no plans of doing, but after awhile I decided to give it a shot. We went far enough out to avoid 90% of the breaking waves, but boy there were a few that killed us. I seriously almost lost my shorts and top getting clobbered by a few crazy waves.

Very strangely, around 2 PM or so a HUGE storm cloud rolled in and burst wide open. It was a massive amount of rain. CJ ran back to the room, but since we were already wet, Angie and I decided to walk the Boardwalk in the pouring rain. It was awesome. We received a lot of looks, but it was refreshing and cleansing to walk in the rain with water saturating your hair, your clothes and dripping from every part of you. It was great. Who does that anymore?

Saturday night we ate at Fager's Island. I had a medium-rare filet - the first steak steak I've had in a long while. It was amazing. I heart beef, I heart beef, I heart beef, I heart beef. CJ was so sleepy from our day, so we dropped her off and then Angie and I met up with JJT for some OC bar hopping. Well, sort of. We went to Mackey's and Liquid Assets (a way cool wine bar), and I got a bit toasty. We had so much fun though, so thank you so so much Jason for being a great host. It was a blast. :)

Today we got up super early and headed to the beach. Unfortunately, there were crazy NW winds at 9 AM, and we felt like we were being sand-blasted just sitting on the beach. We gave up and went to the pool instead and stayed there all day. We were the only ones there, and we slept (okay, I slept), read and ate Taco Bell.

I guess that is the speedy story version of the weekend without an overabundance of details... but that's okay because it was a girls' weekend. What happens in OC, stays in OC. Haha. Antonio was so good and was such a joy to have on vacation. I've never vacationed with him before, and even though he isn't feeling ship-shape, he was so well-behaved and sweet. The girls really pitched in and loved on him, which I really appreciate.

I'd also like to say GO RAVENS! I am not a football girl (to CJ's dismay), but we listened to the game in the car on the ride home it was fun to see how excited she got listening to the game. I loved seeing her so giddy, and it was great that they won so dramatically.

Here are a few photos. Most are scenic, as we didn't make any major effort document our craziness. Thanks, girls (and JJT) for the weekend. It was perfect.

Beach walkin'at night
(CJ was obviously distracted by the gorgeous views).


The Kite Store on display.



Believe it or not, Angie is looking at the camera.



Kite games (with the storm cloud approaching from behind).



The sunset at Fager's Island.



Sunday morning's deserted beach.


7 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Man, I can't remember the last time I went to Ocean City. Glad you had a blast! You didn't play any minigolf? Sheesh.

September 23, 2007 9:35 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I am glad you had a good time. Football is fun, even if you are cheering for the Ravens. :)

September 23, 2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger david santos said...

Very nice posting, thank you
Have a good Day

September 24, 2007 5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A girl weekend, it sounds wonderful. I haven't done that for a couple of years, I'm gonna call the girls and do it again.

The last time we did it we rented a cabin in Pa.

You all look young and refreshed.

Never lose your girlfriend time. It is so good for your soul.

September 24, 2007 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't macky's great? glad you had fun! rob, the rock and i are headed there next weekend :)

September 24, 2007 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I love Fager's Island!

September 24, 2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Your pics are gorgeous! I love the one with Angie in the hat, fabulous perspective! Glad you ladies had fun. Next road trip and ladies weekend should be here in NYC!!!

September 24, 2007 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home