Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Ten on Tuesday (V: Miniseries Edition)

I'm a nerd. I get that.

1. I watched V: The Original MiniSeries (Parts I and II) on Sunday and continuing last night.
2. Wow. John, you weren't kidding about the Nazi symbolism. This was the first time I noticed it, but keep in mind I saw this when I was six or seven years old, so there was no way I'd pick it all up then.
3. Has anyone else noticed how close the cold human storage scene is to the Matrix pod scenes? It sorta looks like someone stole someone else's idea, huh?
4. I heart Richard Herd. Seriously. Both V and Star Trek? What a resume.
5. Ever notice that the reptile head they show would never-ever fit under their human-like faces/masks? There's just no way.
6. Dude. Freddy Krueger is in this movie. I didn't realize it until later, but no wonder I was creeped out. My God.
7. I totally forgot about the Robin Maxwell character getting pregnant. The birth of her reptile-baby isn't in the miniseries, but now I'm anxious to see the next episode!
8. Did you know that Dominique Dunn was cast to play the Robin character? Of course, she couldn't continue after she was strangled by her boyfriend so the part was recast. Apparently she can be seen in one scene in the movie that was not reshot.
9. Being from Baltimore, there wasn't near enough rodent eating for me. Maybe Baltimore would do well with a bit of an alien invasion. I'd manage, as long as they promise to eat the rats.
10. Next up: V: The Final Battle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I remember being very excited when V was first released on video and I got to see it!

Unfortunately, from what I understand about the TV show that followed the two miniseries, the concept eventually got really screwed up and stupid (so, I'll limit myself to the first two miniseries and not go further*).

*I disliked the concept of the hybrid child.

December 04, 2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Oh, yeah - Richard Herd. Good resume and all, but most of his Star Trek stuff was on Voyager ... yuck! That should count against him.

December 04, 2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

I so own that. I heart that series. I remember the baby birth... it was the greatest!

December 04, 2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

That is too funny. I just added it to my Netflix queue last week. I'll let you know my responses once I watch it.

December 04, 2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger jpb2525 said...

Ok - I feel so honored that you chose this...don't forget the book is coming out.....loved your analysis.

December 05, 2007 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home