Monday, April 14, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. My floors are dirty. Dirty from the work the landlord is doing. I'll live, I know. But it's really driving me buggy.
2. But... beer is delicious.
3. I had a dentist appointment last week for a regular cleaning - all is well. But I'm trying to begin a strict regime of brushing and flossing before bed. Ugh. Flossing. I admit I'm a bad flosser, but I've flossed everyday since my cleaning. Here's to keeping the faith.
4. Speaking of faith - how crazy is this polygamy raid? I mean, not that we don't know it happens... of course we do. But it's damn inspiring to watch the government do something about it, isn't it? This is going to take a long time to play out, and I know I'll be very interested to see what happens.
5. Oh. I have my annual review tomorrow. The magic 8 ball says "all signs point to yes." I wish I knew what the question was.
6. OMG. Cindy made me the cutest purse. The lighting in my apartment stinks right now, so here's the photo she took. Do you LOVE it or what? THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, CINDY!!
7. I might have to heart David Cook on American Idol. I got nervous when I heard he was going to sing "Always Be My Baby," by Mariah, but it was pretty fierce, wasn't it? Wow.
8. The Caps. Are losing. I don't think my prayers and candle lighting made any difference. Dammit.
9. I haven't eaten yet... and my head hurts. I bet those two things are related. But I want me some nachos... and I don't have nachos here.
10.What? You want an update on my deck? Okay!!

This is of the new support across the roof (the newer wood). My landlord says that this middle post will be taken down once he "tresses" the roof. Uh huh. Okay.



He also started framing out the balcony. This shows the framed wood over the drainage system, as well as some of the first floorboards (on the side/corner).

Slowly but surely...

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

God I love beer.

April 15, 2008 11:46 PM  
Blogger CindyWags said...

You're so welcome! I was a little nervous picking out fabric for you, but I'm glad you like it and I was glad to have a project to do on my sewing machine. Win-win!

April 16, 2008 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that purse - soooo friggin' cute

Mom

April 16, 2008 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home