Friday, September 05, 2008

Not the Smartest Thing I've Done

I'm hitting the road shortly... on my way to that "A" below. Yep, that's VA Beach. Don't worry - Hanna and I go way back. No really.


Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Maybe my coworkers and parents are right - maybe it'll just "blow over." The reports are saying that she's a quick moving storm, that's for sure, but I'm nervous about being less than 300 miles from the place where a tropical storm/hurricane is making landfall, in a place where water surrounds me on two sides and in a storm where the damaging winds extend more than 300 miles from the center.

Yep... sounds like a good time. But just in case: all of my personal belongings should go to my sister; Antonio and Elliott - oh boy - Jill, CJ and Angie can fight over them; my NKOTB collection to Cassie and Marie; my Eddie Izzard collection to Nick; and lastly, my debt should be divided equally amongst my enemies.

Good? Good. Bon Voyage.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today, and had thought you already left for VB. I hope that you are safe and have a great time...Let me know when you get back.
Hugs,
annie

September 05, 2008 4:30 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Drive safe my friend. You can always play the hurricane drinking game. It is tons of fun. Most of the rules you make up as you go, the only one I can remember is to drink everytime the idiot weather man says "Hunker Down". I believe that watching a weather person get knocked over or losing their hat is cause for drinking again.

September 05, 2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good luck! I'm sure it will blow over! And I have to say hurricane parties have been the key to so many good memories while I was doing shows in Florida, North Carolina, and Texas (in total 5 storms!)- your bond with whoever you are with will be that much stronger!

September 06, 2008 12:37 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

hahaha-oh did you hear i am going again?

September 06, 2008 7:32 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

You arrived safely? What? Does this mean I don't get the CD collection? Nice! :)

September 06, 2008 8:19 AM  
Blogger jpb2525 said...

I hope you are ok! Hurricanes aren't all that bad - Jodi and I survived Charlie in FLA...in fact, we were out in in for a while...it was really awesome...! For me the absolute force of nature is amazing - I just wish the damage factor wasn't so high! Take care!

September 06, 2008 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home