Thursday, August 28, 2008

when it rains...

oh man. bad day. i'm in pjs, in bed... bad day.

this morning i took my car in for an oil change, a rattling heat shield, and a control arm/ball joint that i knew needed attention. what i ended up with was the following list of repairs:

- removal of heat shield
- both left and right control arm/ball joint replacements
- right rubber gasket replacement
- inner/outer tie rod replacement
- full front brake job/replacement of both rotors
- alignment
- four new tires

...oh, and an oil change.

so there's some good news. i only needed only three tires (i had one tire replaced after the accident) but there was a labor day 'buy three and get one free' labor day sale. so i took the deal and asked to keep the good tire, and later today i sold it to a friend for $30. in addition, the outer tie rod wasn't in the original estimate, but they couldn't get it off of the inner tie rod, so they replaced the outer tie rod at no cost. on top of both of those things, they pre-approved me for a mr tire credit card for 90 days same as cash and a $25 rebate. they filled out all of the paperwork, addressed the envelope, and gave me a stamp to mail it.

my head has been pounding all day... partly from wine and partly from stress. my car cost me $2200 today. i had to cancel dinner plans which i didn't want to do, but i just feel ill. i'm sure the stress of work doesn't help either...

3 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

Ouch. I hope you feel better.

August 29, 2008 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rissa, I have been very impressed with the the DMC convention speeches. I have hope that if Obama wins that things for everyone will get better.
I have always felt that we all live on a raft, that if one of us goes under, we all go under. That good news for one is good news for all.
Obama gives me hope that the county has a chance to right itself, something I had begun to doubt. I would have never believed, as a young person that this county could have gotten to this place. That we would go into a war so lightly, that we would bomb so carelessly, that our troops would be denied the care they deserved.... there is too much.
But I was impressed by something Biden said, that his father told him 'Champ, it's not how many times you get knocked down; it's how quickly you get up. It's how quickly you get up.'"
We will all get up. You will be fine. This too shall pass.
Go see your friends, go to the dog park. This too shall pass.

August 30, 2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

That sucks.

August 30, 2008 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home