Thursday, December 04, 2008

Just Like a Yo-Yo.

So here it goes. Elliott went to vet today after eating and drinking well for me. He didn't eat or drink all morning at the vet, so they called me in the early afternoon and asked my permission to put in the feeding tube they put off on Monday. I approved. I picked Elliott up at 7 PM, very drowsy-like, and the doctor showed me how to feed, hydrate, and give meds, all via a feeding tube in Elliott's neck. His little paw is shaved from where the IV was (and very swollen). His neck is widely wrapped to keep the feeding tube in place. He sorta looks like a giraffe. Now we're home, and I get to feed him at 9:30, 11:30, 4:30 and 6:30 before taking him back to the vet in the morning for monitoring.

So... how was your day?

Seen here: rare breed giraffe-cat. Approach cautiously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Poor baby kitty. Love to you both.

December 04, 2008 10:42 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

I hear they do attack. Poor little fuzzy man. Poor little tired Mommy. I love you

December 05, 2008 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor little guy! if it's any consolation - that color looks great on him. stay positive, lady. i love you!

December 05, 2008 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you and Elliott good wishes...thinking of you and hope your weekend goes well and shows him improving...
Love ya,
annie

December 05, 2008 12:38 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

Still praying... love to you and Elliott.

December 05, 2008 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home