Sunday, November 30, 2008

Waiting

I feel like I'm in a holding pattern - trying to save Elliott yet at the same time I am waiting for him to die. It's playing havoc with my emotions... and it sucks. I left a message at the vet to call me in the morning and let me know if we can try a feeding tube, but now I have all of these fears that he won't survive the procedure. I am sick of crying. I'm doing everything I can for Elliott, but it still may not be enough. I'm sad... and I am desperately trying to shut off my emotions but it's so hard. I LOVE this cat. I'm ready to keep fighting for him as long as it takes... I just hope he is, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Love, love, and more love to both of you.

November 30, 2008 11:29 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

Have you tried the high calorie gel? When Max was losing weight fast from illness, the vet told us to hand feed him tuna. He got a little nourishment and joy out of his last days, without a feeding tube. I hope you and the vet will figure out a solution.

Losing a pet is never easy, the mourning is life, but I do hope you find comfort in knowing you are trying to help him as best you can, and that he appreciates it.

December 01, 2008 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and Elliott, I know how troubling this time is for you, and I wish you some peace....
All my love and support,
~Annie

December 01, 2008 10:28 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

You are not alone in your tears. We readers have come to love Elliott too. I will be keeping you and he in my prayers. *big hugs*

December 01, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Helen Hassel said...

Love and prayers from the Hassels. :º(

December 01, 2008 12:26 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

I'm so sorry that Elliot is so sick. Hang in there.

December 01, 2008 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home