Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Crocheting Thanksgiving

Dinner isn't until 5 PM, and instead of cleaning, I've spent my day so far eating, watching the parade, and crocheting. I finished my scarf! Isn't it pretty? I didn't intend to put the brown border around it, but my abilities don't yet allow for neat edges, so the border really gives the scarf a "clean" look.

Now that that's done, I owe Jodi a fancy scarf and Katie a brown scarf, but since I lacked the proper yarn, I decided today to start a blanket. Don't worry, I'll do the scarves as soon as I get the yarn, but I wanted to crochet today, and a blanket is the best way to get more practice being consistent with my stitch. yes, I know... I should eventually learn another stitch, but I'm planning to practice this one for awhile first.

So Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Stitching!!

November 27, 2008 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the color scheme is great, I love it...you did a great job...
I have a blanket, maroon and hunter green that I have literally been working on since 1195 - obviously I go through spurts of working on it, and I hope to get it done eventually, but mine is intended to be the size of a queen size bed...so hahahaha to me!
Have fun with it..
~Annie

December 01, 2008 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Very nice.

December 05, 2008 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home